Sunday 22 February 2015

Blog 6: Scenario Thinking

Scenario thinking is when you have a certain situation at hand and you have a structured thinking process to anticipate what's going to happen in the future. This helps to predict what's going to happen in the future if the situation persists. This also helps to determine if the situation would become better or worse when a solution is implemented.

I think this scenario thinking might not be common as a term or concept but I feel it's one everyone uses for their own uses. I think I myself would have used this sometime in the past to fix a certain situation.

I think a good example of this is the situation with cars. Cars have traditionally been running on fuel,
but fuel is a nonrenewable source of energy and it is progressively becoming extinct. So as a substitute to that, companies have
invented electric cars. Electric cars are still under a lot of speculation and tests but soon I believe they would be the future. So in this situation, the solution is electric cars and it is being observed over a period of time to see how it would better the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment