Friday 13 February 2015

Blog 4: Technological Disobedience

I would say that technological disobedience and and design go hand in hand. They are very similar in my opinion. Any designer would be willing to design something very creative to help people or maybe just out of personal interest. So while designing something, they've got to be creative and reuse parts from other objects or machines. It's not possible for one to design something new out of brand new materials, they have to be reused materials since all designs are prototypes initially.

I myself have designed and created objects out of reused parts. I created piezoelectric patch to help
charge mobile device through phones. And for the piezoelectric patch itself, I used the aluminium from a soda can and old LED bulbs. Instead of a super capacitor, I used 2 small old capacitors. So
this shows how prototypes can't be designed with brand new materials.





So overall, I'd say that technological disobedience and design have to have something in common to make it easier to designers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment