Sunday 22 February 2015

Reflection 1: Career Fair

The Spring 15 Engineering Career Fair was hosted at the Nittany Lion Inn from February 9th through the 10th. I had attended the fair, with my friend just to gain some experience of how it would be like when I actually go to the fair to get a job later in my college career.

But when I went there, it was much bigger than I expected it to be. There were people queueing up for each and every company and waiting in line for longer than expected. Each company patiently listened to the students while students waited restlessly to get their turn. But one thing is noticed was no company was specializing in one field of engineering; each company was hiring different types of engineers. That's when I learnt that no one type of engineering can be distinguished. Every type of engineering together needs to work together for the final product.

A person may be interested in a certain type of engineering, but I learnt that in the end, one needs to work with other type of engineers to get the final outcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment