Sunday 15 March 2015

Reflection 4: THON experience

I visited the BJC when THON was going on. I went in on the Friday night and stayed there for 2 hours. I was amazed by the energy and the atmosphere that I experienced there, and most of that energy was coming out from the dancers. I was shocked to see that none of them were nervous or scared since they had to stand for 46 hours straight. They were rather happy at the cause for which they were dedicating their time to. I really enjoyed my time there since it was something I had never experienced before, but I had to leave since my friends were getting bored.

As an engineering student, I would obviously analyze the engineering behind the event. And the first thing that would come up spontaneously to mind is the speaker and sound system. Without that, the event wouldn't have been so huge. But apart from that, I was amazed at the engineering of the building. I felt that the building's engineering was done in such a way that a lot of the noise and vibrations could stay within the building. This would definitely help to improve the atmosphere inside the building. And this would obviously be even more helpful if there is a musical concert in the building. Not sure if it was intentionally built that way or it happens to be a coincidence, but I liked that part of the planning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment